Peruvian imports of particleboard grow 14.2% in 1Q-2019

PERU - In the first quarter of 2019 (1Q-2019) Peruvian imports of Particleboard / MDP (PB/MDP) amounted to USD 23.34 million, which represented an increase of 14.2% compared to the same period of 2018 (1Q-2018: USD 20.45 million).

832PERUWith a notable increase of 35.9% and USD 11.37 million (1Q-2018: USD 8.18 million), Ecuador stood out in the 1Q-2019 as the main PB / MDP supplier country to the Peruvian market. Followed by Chile, with USD 4.76 million (1Q-2018: USD 6.12 million) and Spain with USD 3.64 million (1Q-2018: USD 3.53 million).

With an increase of 42.4%, Brazil was the supplier country that grew the most, reaching USD 3.37 million (1Q-2018: USD 2.37 million).

The main importing company in 1Q-2019 was again Novopan Peru, with USD 11.37 million (1Q-2018: USD 8.18 million). This represented a significant increase of 39% and a 48.7% share of the total imports of PB / MDP in the country in the period, an increase of 8.7 percentage points compared to 1Q-2018 (40.0%).

It was followed by Representaciones Martín with USD 3.42 million (1Q-2018: USD 3.36 million), which represented an increase of 1.8% and a 14.6% share of the total imported in the period (1Q-2018: 16.4%).

Maderas America was the importing company with the highest growth (258.0%) in the period, going from USD 392 thousand registered in 1Q-2018 to USD 1.4 million in 1Q-2019.

PER 4410 1Q19 ENGL

Notifix-Logo-transparent-300px

NOTIFIX (r) is a registered trademark of Comfix S.A.S. NIT 830.067442-1.
Carrera 11 No. 82-38 ofc. 402 - Tels 571 695 3708 - 571 695 9232
Bogotá, Colombia

Follow Us

Notifix-Google-icon

This website uses cookies. We use cookies to personalize content and ads and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Accept